Terms & Conditions for WizTech, Inc., Clients
When a client pays an invoice, these terms and conditions go in to full effect and include all written policy information referred to here.
Normal office hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time Monday through Friday. Please use the ticket system to contact us for support.
An emergency is only when your site is completely down. But just because it's down, there's no certainty that I can fix it without help from your technical hosting support. I'll be glad to look at it if you open a ticket.
We are professional consultants with many years of experience, not your employees. You may chose to contact us but we choose who we want to work with. Our ideal client:
- listens to advice - we are not technicians or just coders but consultants, so let us do our job.
- pays on time and is aware that time is money (and chargeable) - whether we are talking on the phone or working on your site.
- does not negotiate or haggle or complain about the fee structure.
- is polite! Don't get mad - talk to us. If anger is part of how you deal with people, please do not contact us. Do not demand - ask politely. Do not expect to keep us as your web pros if you cannot be civil.
- respects the fact that we have other clients, not to mention a life outside of work.
- speaks and reads English well - we work with clients from all over the world but if your English prevents adequate communication, we cannot help you efficiently.
- does not insist that he or she, knows more about technical or internet issues than we do. We are glad to discuss your concerns and even research your points but we are the experts and we expect you to appreciate that. Hmm, that goes back to point one.
Terms & Conditions:
- All invoices are due on receipt. We do not offer terms or discounts. Your invoice may not say immediately but for new work, payment is required before work starts.
- No refunds for contracted but unperformed work after 30 days.
- No refunds ever on purchases of products or performed services.
- Late fees are charged at 30 days - 18%.
- Any payments or deposits made at the beginning of a project or task will be applied to your final invoice. All copyrights remain with WizTech, Inc., until the final invoice is paid in full. Some projects may require a registration key in order to continue working and that key will only be available when all payments have been made.
- Using a credit card to pay is assumed to be permission for us to charge that card to clear up outstanding invoices that are over 30 days late.
- The invoicing system does not allow for partial payments. If you wish to make a partial payment, contact us directly.
- Any uncollectable accounts will be turned over to a collection agency and/or we will pursue the matter in local court when necessary. We hope this will not become necessary, but you will be responsible for any attorney's or legal fees.
- If you also have a signed contract with WizTech, Inc., all the above is part of that contract unless specifically stated otherwise in the contract.
- All invoices and notices are sent by email. If you wish them to be sent by snail mail, please let us know.
- We are now using an invoicing system that will make recurring payments automatically for you and we reserve the right to use that system to get payments for uncollected amounts that are not recurring fees.
Compliance with EU's General Data Protection Rules
As a client of Wiztech, Inc., you have access to your account information for editing and can request deletion of that account at any time here. Just create a support ticket to that effect. That will end any contract or association with Wiztech as well. When you register with us, you are giving your informed consent for us to retain your information for contractual purposes by agreeing these Terms & Conditions at registration. We also have to abide by our credit card processor requirements for keeping data for a specified period of time in case of chargebacks so full account deletion is not always possible.
If you opt to sign up for the newsletter, you may opt out at any time via the unsubscribe links provided in the news email. It is a separate function from the website.
And then there's this legal stuff the lawyer said to add:
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY, AND ACCURACY. THE INFORMATION AND COMPUTER PROGRAMS PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH ALL FAULTS, AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, AND EFFORT IS WITH THE USER OF SUCH INFORMATION AND COMPUTER PROGRAMS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. EACH PARTY AGREES THAT THE OTHER PARTY'S LIABILITY UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR RELATING TO ANY SERVICE OR PRODUCT PROVIDED HEREUNDER, WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT LAW, TORT LAW, WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE LIMITED SOLELY TO THE FIRST PARTY'S DIRECT DAMAGES AND IN NO EVENT SHALL EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT IN FEES PAID (OR WHICH HAVE ACCRUED AND/OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN PAID) BY CLIENT TO COMPANY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WITHIN THE TWELVE MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE DATE OF THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM.
Attorneys’ Fees. In the event of an alleged breach of this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reimbursement of all of its costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, incurred in connection with such dispute, claim, or litigation.
Last modified 3/19/2021